Helya Mohammadian is the CEO and founder of Slick Chicks. Slick Chicks sell a revolutionary range of ladies underwear – it’s all about making pants (not trousers) much easier to use. They launched in summer 2016 and now growing steadily.
Subscribe on your Favourite Podcast App
About the business
- eCommerce Business Structure – Online Only & Wholesale
- Product Range Scale – niche
- Based in New York, selling all over the world
- On Shopify and Facebook
- Fave Plugins:
- The team is Helya, a Web Developer and an Intern. Other work is outsourced locally, Helya’s not a fan of virtual assistants.Listen to learn how Helya is utilizing Facebook Shop and Instagram to get sales.
About the Product
Slick Chicks underwear comes off on either side of the waistband, allowing women to keep their shoes and trousers on when changing. Helya had envisioned the underwear to be for women on the go, but began getting thank you messages from women for whom changing was a challenge, such as women who had physical disabilities or who were recovering from surgery.
Helya’s sister was a guinea pig for the underwear right after having a cesarean section. She was bed-bound for 6-8 weeks and dependent upon her husband, but Slick Chicks underwear gave her some of her dignity and independence back. Other women have used them to change in airport bathrooms or while hiking.
Most Awesome Thing Right Now
The most awesome thing at Slick Chicks right now is realizing that the product is making an impact and improving the quality of people’s lives. Helya is creating something she really believes in, and finding her passion and turning it into a business is awesome.
Listen to hear more about how….
The Key to Her Success
For Helya, the key to success is in asking some questions before getting started. Do you see yourself doing this long term? Do you see this as helping people and fulfilling a need? Are you passionate about it?
Listen to learn the importance of telling a story.
Subscribe to our newsletter
eCommerce Book Top Tip
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle
eCommerce Traffic Top Tip
- Engaging on Facebook
You can hear about all this on the podcast, for free – right now…
Tool Top Tip
- Slack to manage the team
Start Up Top Tip
- Engage on social media, and stay on top of SEO and keywords