Kritika Ashok is our first Irish guest. She runs Ireland’s MyArtGallery.ie with the simple goal to offer the customer “the art you love at a price that suits you”. Selling a mixture of original pieces, copies of famous works, and paintings from the customer’s favourite photos. They’ve been going since 2012 and since last year’s rebrand have delivered over 1,000 paintings.
Click to Tweet: MyArtGallery.ie’s Kritika Ashok talks rebrands and the joy of Shopify on @eComMasterPlan podcast
Subscribe on your Favourite Podcast App
About the business
- eCommerce Business Structure – Online Only
- Product Range Scale – VERY niche, and 70% of sales are personalised
- On Shopify
- 1,000 orders in the last 12 months
- 1 person in the business, and a lot of oursourcing
- Based in Ireland, sell globally
- Key widgets in the website – lots!
Listen to hear how Kritika got started in eCommerce and went from being an Accenture consultant to setting up her own eCommerce business.
Most Awesome Thing Right Now
- The rate of growth – only year since shifted to B2C and the rate of growth is beyond expectations.
On the Radar for the Coming Months
- Planning Christmas – on both MyArtGallery.ie and new site Incredible Ireland (targetted at the tourist market)
- Finding new artists
- Building Incredible Ireland’s sales
- Social media plans revision
Subscribe to our newsletter
eCommerce Book Top Tip
- Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill
eCommerce Traffic Top Tip
- Traditional marketing- direct mail.
Tool Top Tip
- Planning everything – get the whole team together once a week – and use Evernote to keep track of things
Start Up Top Tip
- Focus on the core – keep your website simple, and get selling
If your business didn’t exist, which eCommerce Business Would you like to be Running?
- Spotify – to try out a service model rather than physical products