Bonnie Chung runs the UK’s first dedicated Miso brand – and the name? “Miso Tasty”, genius!
She spent 3 years researching to make sure her Miso Soup is the best you can get, and now ships the soup direct customers in letterbox friendly boxes. And of course there is a subscription offer….
She’s now into year two and has over 1,000 regular buyers.
The fascinating story, great content on the website, and superior product mean that as well as wholesaling to Sainbury’s, Selfridges and Whole Foods Markets – Bonnie has built a great following on Social media, and consistently superb PR coverage.
Click to Tweet: Bonnie of Miso Tasty talks subscription #eCommerce, and how to get the first order on the @eComMasterPlan #podcast
About the business
- eCommerce Business Structure – Online Only (with a strong Wholesale side)
- Product Range Scale – VERY niche, Miso soup
- Running a Shopify site, built by WeMakeWebsites
- over 1,000 regular buyers
- 4 people in the business
- Based in the UK, sell globally
Listen to hear Bonnie’s advice on balancing the challenges and benefits of running both eCommerce and Wholesale distribution models.
Most Awesome Thing Right Now
The national retail coverage achieved with the wholesale deals with major supermarket chains and high end retailers.
Listen to hear how this is driving new customers to the website, and improving brand awareness.
On the Radar for the Coming Months
International sales on the website are picking up – so looking to prioritise which new territories to get into.
New product ideas always on the radar.
Listen to hear how Bonnie uses the eCommerce business as a research tool to build the wholesale side of things.
Other eCommerce topics we covered include:
- Subscription products – how to accelerate the customer journey from first purchase to subscriber
- Email signs ups – using a homepage sign up overlay, with an offer to increase orders and email sign ups
- Tips for successful PR and Social Media campaigns – including collaborations
You can hear about all this on the podcast, for free – right now…
eCommerce Book Top Tip
eCommerce Traffic Top Tip
Monthly high-quality email newsletters
Tool Top Tip
Start Up Top Tip
Design your delivery process and test it to make sure the customer will get a great service and experience.