Valerian Voegele is an Entrepreneur currently working on an eCommerce start up. That start up recently celebrated its first 6 months of trading.
Lifestyle Labs is an Online Only eCommerce business, and was born out of the desire to offer customers in the UK alternative health industry a truly amazing shopping experience.
Click to tweet: Hear how Val has grow his eCommerce startup really fast on @eComMasterPlan Podcast today
About the business
- eCommerce Business Structure – Online Only
- USP = Customer Service
- Product Range Scale – fairly niche
- On the Shopify platform, built by WeMakeWebsites
- 30% month on month growth
- Launched Nov 2014, will be 7-figure annualised £ turnover by end of 2015
- Based in the UK
- Key widgets in the website:
Most Awesome thing about your business right now
Our customers. They love us.
Using Google Adwords to recruit customers – getting the first purchase is easy, the challenge is the repeats.
Getting repeat orders is all about the customer service. Map every step of the customer journey (including the confirmation emails, parcels and everything else), and try to amaze them at every step. And always keep your promises.
The critical point at which you will start to fail is when you say “it’s ok to dissappoint this one customer”.
On the Radar for the Coming Months
Revisit and refine the Customer Service Roadmap plus making operational improvements.
Every month something has to be made better for the customer.
eCommerce Book Top Tip
eCommerce Traffic Top Tip
Tool Top Tip
- Excel Spreadsheets. use them for everything
- ZenDesk – Customer service software and support ticket software
Start Up Top Tip
- Just Do It
if you know it makes sense, just get on with it – no beta, no testing, just go for it