Sebastian Galbraith-Helps runs the online only eCommerce business HoneyTreeBespoke.com, with his wife the artist Lizbeth Holstein. HoneyTree is the UK’s leading bespoke stationery boutique, where customers can pick from over 2,000 unique designs and have the high quality stationery of their choice delivered next day. Sebastian and his team have mastered the logistical and technological challenges of selling bespoke online, to turnover in excess of £500,000 a year.
Click to tweet: Hear how HoneyTree manage online personalisation and a subscription eCommerce business on @eComMasterPlan podcast
About the business
- eCommerce Business Structure – Online Only
- Product Range Scale – niche – bespoke stationery
- On a bespoke platform created by Affinity New Media
the platform is our “moat” – listen to hear just what that means for HoneyTree
- Turnover over £500,000 per year
- 9 people in the business (up to 15 at Christmas)
- 6 in the “today team”
- 3 in the “tomorrow team” – listen to find out what these different teams do and why it works so well
- Based in the UK, sell globally
- Key widgets in the website:
Most Awesome Thing Right Now
About to launch (1st September 2015) a brand new eCommerce site offering beautiful stationery via a monthly subscription.
This one is being built on the Shopify platform and doesn’t include any personalisation.
HoneyTreePost.com – 50% off for orders placed before 30th September 2015
Subscribe to our newsletter
eCommerce Book Top Tip
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael E. Gerber
eCommerce Traffic Top Tip
- Believe in your brand, and use it consistently. Especially in the quality of your parcels.
Listen to hear Sebastian’s practical tips
Tool Top Tip
- Toggl – Online time tracking tool featuring 1-click time tracking and helps you see where your time goes. Free and paid versions are available.
Start Up Top Tip
- Now-a-days the website platforms are so strong you need to find another barrier against new entrants and competitors so… you must make your product and service great
If your business didn’t exist, which eCommerce Business Would you like to be Running?
- Airbnb – visually spectacular, clear availability, and the social factor is there