Last Updated 8th September 2012
- 700m users world wide
- 30m users in the UK
- Largest demographic of users is 18-34 year olds
- Over 1/3 users over 34
- 1 in 8 minutes online is spent on Facebook
- 64% of Facebook users have become fans of at least one company or brand on Facebook
- 175m users worldwide, in over 200 countries and territories (August 2012)
- 34m users across Europe (February 2012)
- 9m+ UK users (April 2012, 5m+ UK users (Dec 2010) – grew by 2m in 2010)
- Over 2m companies have Linkedin Company Pages
- There were nearly 4.2 billion people searches on LinkedIn in 2011, and will pass 5 billion in 2012100m users worldwide (March 2011) – grows by 1m a week (in 2010 thre were less than 2 billion!)
- Twitter launched way back in March 2006
- Feb-Mar 2011 average tweets per day = 140m
- Roughly 200million twitter accounts exist (june 2011)
- Lady Gaga is the most followed Tweeter with over 11.5 million followers (July 2011)
- Only 6.5% of UK web users are active Twitter users (use it on a monthly basis)
- Number of lapsed Twitter accounts from the UK is now 13%
- 13% of active users are 16-24 year olds
- More than 250 million people have upgraded to Google+ account
- 150 million monthly active users
- 50% of active users sign in daily
- These users spend more than an hour across Google
(All June 2012, Google Conference)
- 71% of users are male
(March 2009, Mashable)
- Pinterest users spend an average of almost 16 minutes on the site per visit (12.1 for Facebook).
- 50% of Pinterest users have children.
- Almost 70% of Pinterest users are female.
- 97% of Pinterest’s Facebook fans are women.
- As of January 2012, Pinterest had received just under 12 million unique visits, Pinterest receives almost 1.5 million visitors each day.
- Pinterest provides more referral traffic to other sites than Google+, YouTube and LinkedIn combined.
(All May 2012)