Over Christmas we brought you two Highlights of 2015 podcasts (one on New Customer Acquisition and Repeat Customers, the other on Content Marketing and Social Media), they were packed with the best bits from our 2015 podcast interviews.
Now we’re in 2016 I thought it might be worth asking some more experts in the industry for their advice on how to be successful into 2016.
So we have 3 “Experts View” shows coming up for you, in each I’ll be bringing you the opinions of some of the top people in eCommerce (plus my thoughts as well).
For this first show I asked a number of experts what they believe was the most interesting thing we saw in 2015.
It’s important to look back at 2015 and identify the breakthrough moments before we can look at what we should do in 2016.
Click to Tweet: I’ve just listened to a recap of the eCommerce highlights of 2015 on @eComMasterPlan Podcast
Chloë Thomas, Host:
- The industry has grown up. We turned a corner in 2015. It’s no longer about the shiny tech, those who are succeeding easily are focused on how to best serve their customer and finding the right ways to do this.
- Hear all about this in last year’s takeaways from Internet Retailing Conference – number 20
Chris is co-founder and editor of Tamebay, prior to that he was a full time eBay seller for over eight years making his living by trading on the platform.
- Delivery – lots of great info, tips, ideas and examples
Andrew is a consultant with an impressive background in the Mail Order sector, and he also runs his own eCommerce business Allergy Best Buys (we did a whole podcast interview with Andrew about this back in 2015).
- The introduction of Adblockers, and what it means for publishers, consumers, and eCommerce businesses
Alex is co-founder of WeMakeWebsites who are officially the UK’s highest rated Shopify web designers.
- Design, imagery, and typography
- The article Alex mentioned