Eugene Ravitsky is the President at FactoryPure — an online retailer selling generators and other very heavy items! Founded in 2013 they’ve been at least doubling sales every year and have been high on the INC 5000 list for the last 2 years. This year they are on track for over $35m.
Listen now for free:
Eugene runs FactoryPure together with his younger brother.
They started buying and selling different items on eBay when Eugene was in college. Realizing they didn’t have the margins to sustain selling on eBay, they created their own website and he admits this was difficult to do around 15 years ago.
With today’s technology, eCommerce platforms, and great apps that support eCommerce, Eugene says starting a business is now more accessible and cost-efficient.
- Based in San Antonio, Texas
- Ships all over the U.S.
- Runs on Shopify
FactoryPure currently has 12 employees.
While several people wear different hats, they have around 6 employees who take in calls and 2 people who focus on order submission. They have a customer service manager and an overall operations manager, and while marketing is done in-house right now, they’re looking to hire someone to oversee the whole of marketing.
To complete the team, they have a developer they’ve outsourced.
Reasons For FactoryPure’s Growth
Eugene attributes the company’s growth to two things:
- One is they’re never satisfied and they’re constantly on the lookout for the next item that could be a best-seller. They have someone whose job entails finding unique brands they would be able to promote well, because they know that not every brand will be a good fit.
- They have the infrastructures in place to scale more quickly. For the past 1 to 2 years, the business has focused on building the proper infrastructure, and Eugene says this is important for any company because it’s always a good idea to prepare for growth, whether or not it happens.
The Importance Of Great Customer Service
When you get good reviews and even better reviews over time, Google picks up on that and may help put your brand higher on the search results.
One of the important things they put emphasis on for customer is doing follow ups. Reaching out to manufacturers to follow up on shipping for drop-shipped orders and letting customers know the status of their orders before they even ask may sound simple but people appreciate this and will make any customer happy.
What’s In FactoryPure’s Future?
Finishing the construction of their new warehouse and organizing it is the company’s current focus.
Once they have the new space ready, it means bringing on additional people such as someone for marketing, an in-house developer, more customer service personnel, service and sales people, and procurement staff who find more products to sell.
eCommerce Book Top Tip
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert B. Cialdini
eCommerce Traffic Top Tip
- Google Ads, specifically Google Shopping and focusing on negative keywords
Tool Top Tip
Growth Top Tip
- Build systems and infrastructures that can grow with you.
- 312: How to Double your Sales Every Year with Purelei’s John Hagan
- 280: RestoraPet’s Brian Larsen explains how they grow 500% year on year
- 066: Saltopia’s Kimarie Santiago on how to double each year, and balance online and wholesale selling
Without the sponsors the podcast wouldn’t be possible – please do check them out:
Klaviyo is a leading customer data and marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company’s hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 80,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Give it a try today – get your free account
Shopware is a leading eCommerce system and used by some of the largest European brands, retailers, and manufacturers across B2C and B2B industries. As a trendsetting open source solution, Shopware gives retailers the freedom to quickly and easily realise their growth potential – with more flexibility and less complexity. Today, more than 100,000 companies rely on a Shopware solution, with all retailers – from start-ups to enterprise – generating a combined turnover of 12 billion Euro in 2020. Start your business for free
Full transcript to read & download:
Like to be a guest? Apply Here