Dorin Parnica runs Bursa de Anvelope – and yes, unless you’re one of our listeners who speaks Romanian you’re not going to read much in that name! Dorin is our first Romanian guest, I met him at the TeCOMM Power to the Customer event last month which I was speaking at, and I knew I needed to get him on the show.
Bursa de Anvelope sells car tyres. Online to end consumers and garages. This year they will reach EURO500,000 turnover, that’s a 16x growth over the last 3 years with big plans for the future!
Click to tweet: Online tyre seller Doran Parnica from Romania talks managing teams on @eComMasterPlan podcast
About the business
- eCommerce Business Structure – Online Only
- Product Range Scale – VERY niche
- On a bespoke platform, currently building a new Magento site
- This year will turnover EURO 500,000 (grown 16x since launching 3 years ago)
- 3 people in the business, 3 more freelance/outsourced
- Based in Romania, sell primarily in Romania (but expanding that next year)
Listen to hear how Dorin got started in eCommerce
Most Awesome Thing Right Now
Everyone Dorin is working with to create the business in a transparent way to make sure everything is in place to deliver a great experience for the customer.
Dorin’s tips for managing a team:
- Enjoy everyday
- Be in every situation the team needs you
- Don’t be too aggressive when explaining something
- Praise when good work has been achieved
On the Radar for the Coming Months:
- Launching the new website with everything going live in 2016
- Start to aggressively use Facebook
- Planning for the New Year sales
- Start to blog and review tyres
Subscribe to our newsletter
eCommerce Book Top Tip
eCommerce Traffic Top Tip
- Mouth to mouth – inpsiring customer recommendations and getting people talking about the business
Tool Top Tip
- Freedcamp to manage the team and projects
- Sidekick – shows you when people open your emails, great for customer service
Start Up Top Tip
- I hope you know your product!
If your business didn’t exist, which eCommerce Business Would you like to be Running?
- A business like eCommerce MasterPlan(!) – would be great to share knowledge and motivate others