I decided it would be great to end the year with a couple of highlights podcasts. Pulling together what our interviewees had to say about some key topics to give you a quick-fire resource for building your business in 2016.
The responses to our book give-away competition about what you’ll be focusing on in 2016 made it very clear what we need to cover to help you.
So these 2 highlights podcasts will focus on growth through marketing, covering in this episode:
- New Customer Acquisition
- Repeat purchase (with a heavy dose of customer service!)
In the second show we look at Content Marketing and Social Media
Here’s the list of who we’ve featured in this highlights show – if you want to hear the whole of their interview, just follow the links.
New Customer Acquisition Highlights
New customer acqusition remains a key concern and a hot topic in eCommerce:
- Katherine from Plum’s Lingerie explains how she uses Adwords ~ listen to the full interview
- William of Maxwell Scott Bags explains why Adwords gives him the best ROI (return on investment, profit) of all his marketing channels ~ listen to the full interview
- Linda of Sugru discusses her approach to Facebook Ads including her tips for starting with Facebook Ads ~ listen to the full interview
- Bonnie from Miso Tasty talks through why Email marketing is so important for her, including how she uses her email sign up to get the first order ~ listen to the full interview
- not featured in this Highlights show – but you can find out more about email sign ups in our interview with Rohan of Wet Shave Club
- Martin (from Muck Munchers) gives us a mini-masterclass in off the page advertising ~ listen to the full interview
- Kritika of My Art Gallery discusses direct mail ~ listen to the full interview
Repeat Customers and Customer Service Highlights
Customer service is an integral part of getting Repeat customers listen to our Internet Retailing Conference Takeaways show for more
- Val from Lifestyle Labs on why repeat business is so important, and how it helps new customer acquisition ~ listen to the full interview
- Phil of Guthy Renker with a tip for improving customer service ~ listen to the full interview
- Rohan from Wet Shave Club explains how he uses a Private Facebook Group ~ listen to the full interview
- Bonnie from Miso Tasty explains getting customers to buy ever more (right through to subscriptions) ~ listen to the full interview
- Not in this Highlights show, but you can hear how Tom at Goodbye Crutches uses a nurture sequence POST purchase to extend this idea even further
- Alex of Serious Readers discusses how he uses “Raving Fans” as a KPI (key performance indicator) ~ listen to the full interview