Our brand new eCommerce MasterPlan Virtual Summit live now.
Catch ALL the replays for FREE now at eCMP.info/summit
In this episode, Chloe will give us just one top tip from each of the 10 sessions within the summit. So make sure you sign up to get all the advice from our excellent speakers.
Listen now for free:
5 Tips from Customer Acquisition Day
Tip #1 – Neil Forrest, Gorgias
Customer service can affect your acquisition strategy a lot. Here are a couple of tips on what to do for this area of your business:
- Respond faster. Get back to customer inquiries quickly if you want them to buy.
- Your customers are going to decide where they want to ask for help, so you need to be ready to respond to inquiries and questions on every single platform.
- Get two months FREE with Gorgias and use their system to speed up your customer service response times AND integrate all your social channels
Tip #2 – Ben Parr, Octane AI
There’s so much more focus now on zero-party data. Here is a strategy to increase acquisition and collect zero-party data:
- Build a quiz to convert your website visitors faster.
Tip #3 – Derric Haynie, eCommerce Tech
Your tech can do a lot for you. Here’s a tip if you think you haven’t found the right one yet:
- Stop trying to find a blog post or podcast episode about the perfect eCommerce tech stack. You need to do the work to find the right tech stack that’s right for your business.
- Sign up to be a beta tester for eCommerce Tech’s new tool that will track and analyse your existing apps
Tip #4 – Rob Harrison-Plastow, Time Agency
Facebook Ads changed a lot in the past year. Here’s what you need to do to make them even better and more effective than before:
- It’s time to re-work ALL your creativity. Download and use Rob’s empathy blueprint to make it easy to do the research so you get your creative right the first time.
Tip #5 – Steven Clift, GoodCarts
A key trend this 2022 is partnerships. Here’s a tip on what you can do to try it out for your business:
- Find some complementary eCommerce stores to partner with and try putting ads for each other on your order confirmation pages (and the easiest way to do that – use GoodCarts!).
5 Tips from Customer Retention Day
Tip #6 – Gemma Banks, Klaviyo
Customer-First Data will take your retention strategy to the next level. Here’s what you need to do with it:
- Be led by the data – you can have all the cool ideas for automation, and campaigns you like – but you’ll get a lot more impact if you start with the data. Find out where your biggest opportunities are and how you can take advantage of them.
- Get Klaviyo’s Customer-First Data report
Tip #7 – Ivana Radojevic, Stream Commerce
One strategy you need to test this year is SMS. Here is a tip for starting out:
- Do NOT scour your database for every SMS number you can find – grab them fresh, start from zero. It will be the best route forward!
Tip #8 – Becky Hopkin, Digital Gearbox
Google Ads can be part of our customer retention strategy. Here’s what you can do:
- Test Product carousels (like the Facebook ones) on Discovery.
- Connect with Becky from Digital Gearbox and get a free Google Ads audit for your business
Tip #9 – Oliver Spark, Sweet Analytics
Targets and goals are key for any business, and your strategy for achieving them can start with retention. Here’s a tip on how to do this:
- Don’t just say “we’re doing some retention” – work out your cohort sizes, what you can expect from them, and then set budgets and targets from there.
Tip #10 – Chloë Thomas, eCommerce MasterPlan
Protecting your margins and minimizing your discounting activities should be part of your retention strategy. Here’s what you need to do to achieve both:
- Build more trust and connection with your customers – it will lessen your need to use offers.
Full transcript to read & download:
Without the sponsors the podcast wouldn’t be possible – please do check them out:
Klaviyo is a leading customer data and marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications.
The company’s hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 80,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo.
Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
The retail and eCommerce landscapes have significantly shifted over the past 2 years and a visit to IRX & eDX on 11 & 12 May 2022 will provide retail professionals with the toolkit they need to support their business in the new climate.
Retailers, brands, industry experts and retail vendors from across the UK will gather to hear from thought-leaders, discover innovative technology and learn how to power their business into the next decade.
The UK’s number 1 digital retail show combines insightful sessions with practical hands-on training on all aspects of online retailing.
Retail professionals can meet with leading suppliers all with cutting-edge technology and innovative services to enhance customer experiences, increase sales and deliver efficiencies across online and in-store operations. Register today at internetretailingexpo.com
Osome. Hassle-free accounting and bookkeeping for your eCommerce business. Osome integrates with major online platforms and the team can do all your bookkeeping in real-time and you get access to your own accountant!
9,500+ customers worldwide, serving UK, Europe, Singapore and Hong Kong.
Accountants with years of eCommerce experience take over your accounting documents and convert them into actionable numbers, tax filings and reports.
To get a demo and find out how much time & money Osome could save you… go to ecmp.info/osome, fill in your details, and hit the “Let’s Go!” button.
Make sure you use the link as it will automatically add the coupon EM100 to save you £110.
Like to be a guest? Apply Here